Subject: 35/2.0R and 24/2.8R
From: n5xrd@juno.com (Richard W. Hemingway)
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 1997 15:55:51 CDT

LUGs

Just got my slides back that I took with my "new" (used sn 3069693) lens.
 It was more nicked up than I thought it would be, but that is another
story.  Took with the R8 inside and out with K64 film.  It is a sharp
contrasty lens - probably nicked up as used a lot by a prior photogrpaher
that liked it and took a lot of pics with it <gr>.

However, it ain't a 35/2.0 M ASPH and FLUNKED the dreaded Christmas tree
test!!  Oh well, I didn't think it would pass it.  At 2.0 it showed a
little more coma than I thought it might.  But it will do for what I want
it for, and cost about $ 1800 less than the 35/1.4 ASPH.

I also have the 24/2.8 R lens (sn 3153 173) and it is a gem.  Sharp as a
tack -BUT  it  is a Minolta design, according to Eastland, p. 56.
Apparantly they designed the lens and supply the lens elements to Leica.
Don't know what Brian Bower has to say about it as I still haven't
received the book, which has been resting 30 miles away in in the UPS
office in  Oklahoma City since August 1, before the strike. After Five
phone calls and four answering calls (the last yesterday promising it
would be here today) it is still stuck there.

Dick
Richard Hemingway
Norman, OK