Subject: Re: ELMARIT-M ASPH f/2.8/24
From: Pascal MEHEUT <pascal@murex.fr>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 1997 10:53:07 +0200

I've not tried the lens but read a test in Chasseur d'Image. I
consider their lens tests as serious as possible.

According to them, the 24/2.8 ASPH is excellent at every aperture and
far beyond the old R 24mm/2.8. The R one is supposed to be soft in the
edges between 2.8 and 5.6, but the ASPH is good even at 2.8.

I can give you more detailed informations if you are interested.
(Or you can have a look in archives of rec.photo.equipment.35mm or on
the web. Several articles describe lens tests)