Subject: Rollei Backwards Compatibility
From: Michael Reichmann <michael.reichmann@alphanet.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 1997 09:12:02 -0400

Patrick,

> But one can't trust Rollei to build backwards-compatible systems the =
way Leica do.

I suppose it's a meter of degree but Rollie has managed to achieve a =
high level of backards compatibility in it's 6000 series 2 1/4 SLR =
cameras.  Lenses from even the old SL-66 series will fit a current 6008 =
Integral and backs and viewfinders are compatible right through the 6000 =
line.  This is over a period of something like 25+ years. Of course =
certain new features aren't always recognized in bith directions, but =
otherwise they've done a superb job of it.

ps:  Though this is somewhat off topic, if there is a Rollei mail list =
and list archive I'd greatly appreciate the address if anyone has it =
handy.  I've recently upgraded my 2 1/4 system to a 6008 and will be =
buying a couple of additional lenses shortly. I'm curious as to options =
of the 40mm Distagon vs the 40mm Super Angulon, and of the 180mm f/2.8 =
Schneider.

Cheers

Michael