Subject: Re: Whate Leica say they will do
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 1997 22:45:50 -0400

At 05:38 PM 8/28/97 -0500, Alistair wrote:
>     they ARE supposed to send out a little plastic passport card, with
>     your name, date, and item details and serial # on.
>
>     The 'book' is the Leica 'handbook' for the year (really a then-current
>     product catalogue).
>
>     The reason I shout 'ARE' is because they say in the documentation that
>     comes with new items that this is what they will do.

I have never received a 'little plastic passport card' for any new Leica
item I have ever purchased, nor am I aware of anything in the literature I
have received saying that I should be so honoured.

I have placed one warranty claim, and it was promptly and cheerfully
honoured without any request for documentation at all -- they simply
replaced it.

I do receive the system handbook every year or three, but that's because I
now know enough to ask for it -- I was sent one, gratis, two years ago by
Leica and foolishly mentioned on the LUG that I had received this, only to
find that everyone else seems to get one automatically ...

Marc

Marc James Small
Cha Robh Bas Fir, Gun Ghras Fir!
FAX:  +540/343-7315