Subject: Re: What's Leica supposed to send Ted.
From: JocastaXX@aol.com
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 1997 03:08:47 -0400 (EDT)

<<

>>****************************************************************************

     Ted - I think we are just hearing more complaints than raves because
that
   is the way of human nature - when things are working alright - we just
take
   it for GRANTED & dont say anything.
   We are living in a plastic age where quality control is suffering and
there
   no longer seems to be pride in workmanship.  We see these lemons in
   automobiles, computers etc, but what I cant understand is why Leica hasnt
   recalled the M6 with the plastic exp. counter gear as it seems that if it
   hasnt already gone bad - it will sooner or later.  I never have heard of a

   camera manufacturer recalling an item; maybe because they dont consider
   a faulty frame counter as important as a defective air bag.

    Not good comparison Marvin - OHSA only requires auto makers to recall
  defective equipment pertaining to safety, not defective odometers & such.

  Joy Lindstrom