Subject: I luv Detlef
From: JocastaXX@aol.com
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 1997 03:26:46 -0400 (EDT)

  Bravo Detlef - If I move to Chile, will you marry me?

<<
 Hi Alexander,
  maybe there is a differnce - maybe not. But IMHO the difference is so
 marginal it just doesn't matter and for shure is never worth the high price
 of the Leicas... Take a look at the well known Magnum book "Faces" and tell
 me wich pictures are taken with "modern" lenses, wich with non-coated
 lenses... the photographer is the only important parameter.
 So why did I pay so much money for the M6? I don't know how to describe
 this in english - but the M6 fits perfectly to my hands and (more
 important) to my eyes. I can "feel" taking a picture with the M6... and
 there is no alternative to this kind of camera for me.
 I allways had problems to understand why people are buying the R line of
 Leica. In my eyes they pay a lot to get a red dot on the body and to get
 the feeling "now I'm having a perfect camera and I will get perfect
 images"... IMHO its just stupid to buy a bulky and heavy 50/1.0 lens just
 to own "the best" on earth...
  Detlef
  <LEICA IMAGES> http://www.hermes.de/chile/ </LEICA IMAGES>