Subject: Re: Warranty Cards
From: David Seifert <dseifert@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 1997 07:45:03 -0700

At 08:31 AM 8/29/97 -0400, Marc James Small wrote:
[snip]

>Under US law, in any event, you cannot be forced to 'register' to obtain
>warranty protection.  To the contrary, your warranty automatically goes
>into effect upon purchase.

[snip]

Marc,

Thanks so much for this information.  I have always been torn between
registering a product and keeping the cards untouched.  The decision is
particularly difficult when we are talking about very expensive stuff where
an unprotected failure would be too expensive.  This tidbit of information
makes the decision easy.

Thanks again.

David Seifert