Subject: Re[2]: M6 problems
From: Alistair_Stewart_at_DF5007@ccmailgw.mcgawpark.baxter.com
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 1997 11:53:01 -0500

- --IMA.Boundary.865378278

     David,

     I believe that this is a different problem...

     My experience with the M6 (brand new!!!) frame counter problem that we
     are coming to love is that upon opening the camera bottom plate and
     releasing tension on the lever, the counter goes back to -4, not -2.

     Leica USA took 6 weeks to fix this. Like Tina et al. are saying, maybe
     for the money our expectations are too high, after all they've only
     had the same basic design for 40 years...

     I also note that there is a difference (Stephen Gandy are you out
     there) in how far up the scale old vs. new M6's go: some go up to 36,
     some 38, and some 40. Is this related to the frame counter plastic
     component/design problem? I don't know how far other M's counters will
     go.

     Ted, please note that I'm copying Sonke Peters, Leica M product
     manager, on this message.

     Alistair