Subject: Re[2]: M6 problem "survey"
From: Alistair_Stewart_at_DF5007@ccmailgw.mcgawpark.baxter.com
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 1997 10:51:04 -0500

- --IMA.Boundary.180203378

     Dan C, and the group,

     I emailed Sonke Peters, the M product manager. My message and his
     response are below. At his request, I am excluding his email address.

     Alistair

     Sonke,

     >      please can you post to the LUG the serial numbers for chrome,
     black >      and titanium M6's after which plastic components were
     used, &/or
     >      design changes implemented, in the frame counter. >
     >      My (I just got rid of it) titanium M6 immediately had this
     problem
     >      from new (I had it fixed at Leica USA, but it took 6 weeks!) I
     would

     >      like to know which of my other 3 (all recent models) have it,
     and how
     >      I arrange for the flaw, if any of them have it, will be
     expediently >      corrected at no charge.

     > Please reply to all addresses on this message. >
     > thank you
     >
     > Alistair

     Dear Alistair,
     thank you for those many mails. It is 10.10 pm on friday night, I had
     a real hard day and unfortunatly I travel to portugal for an
     international LEICA sales meeting on Sunday morning. I will be back in
     the office at Wednesday 10. Please forgive me that I am not able to
     fulfil your wishes during the weekend and my business trip. I assure
     you I will check your information as soon as possible - but it will
     take some time, because this is a very specific question and I have to
     investigate....

     A second kind question: Please do me the favor not to send copies of
     mails you send to the LUG also to me. I am afraid I would have to
     answer questions from all over the world and would not have a single
     second to do my (main) job. I hount all the discussion in the LUG and
     I know quite well of all the problems. The LUG is very important for
     me as a tool for market research. But in my business I try to fulfill
     customer demands (as a small company unfortunatly we are quite limited
     > sigh < ), try to receive as many innovations as possible, present
     strategic ideas our members of board, discuss new projects, take care
     of camera bags and our web pages ... ... ... to shorten this: I know
     that direct contact to customers is important and I use every chance
     to meet pros and amateurs worldwide. But please take into
     consideration that my time is limited and therefore I am not able to
     answer every detailed question - over the net, on the phone or by fax.
     LUG: FORGIVE ME !!!

     I hope you understand my point of view and my (time) problem.
     Again : I will try to get the information. But please: do not forward
     my e-mail adress to other members.

     Thanks you very much for your understanding in advance

     Best regards

     _________________________________
     Subject: Re: M6 problem "survey"
     Author:  Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net> at Internet
     Date:    9/3/97 6:24 AM

     At 07:26 AM 03-09-97 +0200, you wrote:
     >Leica has a web-page so they show us that they are open to the net -
     >shouldn't somebody from Leica give us the facts? Wouldn't that be a
     proof >of a good service? Since Leica doesn't reply to mails this is a
     proof for >the bad Leica service - isn't it?

     Has anyone tried emailing Leica in German?

     Dan C.
- --IMA.Boundary.180203378

Date: Wed, 03 Sep 1997 06:24:13 -0400
To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us