Subject: Leica wives
From: firkin@netconnect.com.au (Alastair Firkin)
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 97 18:13:06 -0700

Richard,

great explanation. Perfect for a Radiologist ;-)

> I wonder if my wife would notice if we don't buy any groceries
> for a few months? Our kids might begin to complain though ;-)

At a recent Leica wives convention, the gathering of mostly ladies began a
session on assertive behaviour. The first speaker from England got up and
announced that she had told her husband, that she would no longer clean up
the darkroom after a hard night on the D76. She went on;
"I saw nothing for the first 2 days, but on the third, the entire house had
been cleaned" the crowd roundly applauded. A speaker from the USA rose and
announced that she had told her husband that she would no longer do the
shopping and cooking whilst he played with those chrome and black things
with the red eyes. She concluded;
"I saw nothing for 3 days, but on the fourth the pantry was replenished and
the dinner prepared" the crowd went wild. A third, one of the few males in
the audience, rose and spoke on how he had refused to go on funding his
wife's addiction to her Ted Grant inspired R8. He concluded;
"I saw nothing for almost a week, but that weekend I woke and found that I
could just see a little from the corner of my left eye!"

Alastair Firkin