Subject: Re: Downloading LUG
From: Pascal <cyberdog@ibm.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 97 11:19:42 +0200

In a message from 29-08-1997 21:23, Afterswift@aol.com
(Afterswift@aol.com) wrote:>
>One of the problems I have with my present Mac and AOL is that opening
>attachments is very difficult. I must move the undecoded file to my hard
>drive, then to an special application, then wait a long while to read the
>document there.
>
>Since most LUG docs are in the attachment form, I'm not always able to read
>them because of this involved time-consuming jumping. Therefore I would
>appreciate it if you could find some way to limit the length of LUG mails to
>normal e-mail bites, so that I can read the great LUG docs easily. I'm sure
>many of our colleagues may have the same problem.
>
>Sincerely,
>Bob Rosen

Bob,

I do not understand your problem that well. I am using a Mac too, but
have a direct Internet connection through an ISP (IBM Global Network). I
use two E-mail packages: Claris Em@iler 2.0 and Eudora 3.1.1 Light. Both
packages work flawlessly.
There are almost NO attachments sent to this list. It is considered bad
practice if you do send such attachments to internet mailing lists.
People normally stick to plain text E-mail messages.
Are you using the latest AOL client for Mac (v. 4?). Maybe your E-mail
client is set up in such a way that it cannot download messages over a
certain number of bytes? Or the problem lies with the AOL E-mail gateway
itself, that converts longer messages into short ones with the same
original one as attachment to it?

Pascal
Belgium

P.S. I am not the LUG administrator, just trying to be helpful. I am not
sure if such administrator really exists?

This message was created with Claris Em@iler on a Macintosh PowerBook
<<<PGP public key available on request>>>