Subject: Leicameters
From: CapsTeeth@aol.com
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 1997 14:03:02 -0400 (EDT)

I am contemplating the purchase of a Leicameter MR-4 (the narrow-angle Cds
model, the last one produced) which is currently in operating condition, to
use on my M2. (I know a hand-held meter would work but this counds more
convenient).  I called Leica US in NJ and they said they can repair them, but
then the parts guy ran down the list of no-longer-available parts and it
sounded like everything important that could possibly go wrong (on-off
switches, meter switches, resistors, meter cell, etc.).  Does anyone know of
an independent facility that could truly repair one of these, no matter what
should conk out?  I'd hate to spend $100-200 and have it turn into a
paperweight.

Thanks!
Doc