Subject: Re: Leica Part Needed
From: Amilcar de Oliveira <amilcar@domain.com.br>
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 1997 14:22:45 +0100

Richard Clompus wrote:

> Dear Fellow LUGnuts,
>
> As I am making the transition from Canon F1's to Leica R8's, I need an
> adapter to fit to my Bausch & Lomb stereo zoom research microscope.  It
> permits me to make beautiful (to me anyway) photos of small objects - like
> contact lenses for research and teaching.

Richard,
I think what you're looking for is the Leica Universal Camera Attachment
(no part number given in the Leica Manual, 15th ed.) or a more recent
version. The pictures in the book show it being used with an M4, M5 and
Leicaflex SL, with different extension tube like adapters. The
Attachment has it's own leaf shutter with speeds of T, B, and 1 sec to
1/125. There's also a port for the probe of a version of the meter
Gossen Luna-Pro  CdS, called the Microsix-L.

I hope this helps.
Amilcar