Subject: Re: 15mm R lens
From: ted grant <75501.3002@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 31 Aug 97 14:21:15 EDT

Jim Brick wrote:

<<<<Even though it's not a lens that you use daily, it's a lens that can make
you look like a genius. It's also a "how did you do that???" lens. To me, this
lens is not a novelty (like the 16mm fisheye), it is a real lens. A real tool.
Awesome is the only word that can describe it.>>>

Hi Jim,

It surely is an "awesome tool" and it gives me great satisfaction each time I
have something no other photographer can do, unless he has a similar focal
length lens.

It isn't just the focal length, it is the crisp super images it produces on film
and the perspective as you say,   <<<<<"Used correctly, it can make a closet
look like a ballroom, a small recital at a local civic park, look like a rock
concert in NYC Central Park.">>>>>>> and it is that perspective that can sort
your work out from other guys.

I probably use mine far more on interiors because that is when you just blow
people away with it. From owners to art directors it is always the same old
question, "How did you do that? It looks so fantastically big."

Response is always , "it's a trade secret!" hell I don't want everyone  rushing
out there buying a $10,000. lens and beating me out. :)

ted