Subject: Re: Was Riboud Show -The Leica Challenge
From: ABreull@aol.com
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 1997 15:52:09 -0400 (EDT)

In einer eMail vom 31.08.1997  19:08:47, schreiben Sie:

>I would be willing to mail them to you, Ted, to give you the "Leica
>Challenge".  Perhaps you could then forward them along to another
>interested LUGer, who could add his/her own guesses as to which lens took
>which picture.

Please, include me into your pix mailing list, specially if you do your shots
in b/w. Additionally, I'd be highly interested in a comparison between
different 35 mm-s also.

In my experience, e.g. the 2/35 Nikkor AI (the one with the moving inner lens
part), and the 2/35 Summicron M are rather similar in b/w pixs (specially FP
4) up to available or rainy day light of "darker or equal" than  f 4 and
1/125. Opposite, they are completely different in color slides: while the
Nikkor is more yellow, the Summicron M tends to be more blue.

Contrary, while the Elmarit M 2.8/90 or Summicron M 2/90 differ significantly
from the Nikkor 2/85 AI, both in b/w (FP 4, Tri-X)  and in color slides
(Ektachrome), the difference to the old Nikon F 1.8/ 85 is far less evident
(at least with Tri-X) up to f4 and difficult available light.

Further, I feel it extremely difficult to find any difference between the
3.5/ 55 Micro Nikkor AI in comparison to the Summicron R or M or Summilux M
(up to f 8). Specially here I need to admit (shame on me ! ), that I misjudge
till today almost all b/w 3.5/ 55 Micro Nikkor pix as Leica Summicron pix -
although I took them myself, and although I usually see the M Leica/ Nikon
difference almost immediately.

Alf