Subject: Re: Paparazzi &Princess Di
From: "Patrick G. Sobalvarro" <pgs@sobalvarro.org>
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 1997 23:28:37 -0700

While I think it is an awful tragedy that this young woman and two men
should die before their time, especially in such a violent and sudden
fashion, I have to agree with Alf that the treatment of this event as a
public spectacle and the reaction of Diana's fans against the paparazzi is
really quite hypocritical.  If Diana was a victim of the paparazzi and
their editors who published photographs of her despite her unwillingness to
have them taken, then also she was a victim of her fans who eagerly snapped
them up.

Here I can say with complete frankness that I have no blood on my hands.  I
never once in my life had any interest whatsoever in photographs or films
of Diana, and so I have never fed the industry that so many of her
vociferous fans are claiming killed her.  They, on the other hand, were
fully aware that their idol complained of the attention of the paparazzi,
and yet by voting with their wallets they nonetheless created and continued
to nurture that industry.  Astounding.  Sick.