Subject: RE: CLE
From: Vince Lamberti <106623.3440@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 1997 07:53:56 -0400

Hi Bert,

The world is really shrinking.  I may recently have been looking at the
same CLE you refer to in your em on 2/9.    I've seen a reasonably clean
CLE selling for NLG 1995 in a camera store on Laan van Meerdervoort.  It
was recently serviced by their technician, and appears to operate perfect=
ly
well.  I'm not sure if you looked inside (I'm not even sure I'm referring=

to the same camera), if so I noticed two subtle gouges in the pressure
plate.  These will have no effect on image quality, however they may
scratch the film surface.

The price is about right for a CLE body in Holland.  I am also aware of
another CLE for private sale.  It is a complete outfit however the owner =
is
prepared to seperate.  The body with Leitz 40/2 Summicron were selling fo=
NLG 1500.  From memory the body is in better condition than the one I saw=

in L.v.Meerdervoort.  It appears that CLEs are fetching slightly higher
prices in the US.  Even more so in Germany where they are advertised for =
up
to DM 3000.  I'd be surprised to see someone fork out DM 3000 for a CLE,
since you can buy an M6 for less.  The world is not just small, its also
strange at times.

Let me know how you go.

Vince Lamberti
The Hague, The Netherlands