Subject: Re: Jim Stanfield
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 1997 18:09:13 -0500

At 01:25 PM 9/3/97 -0800, you wrote:

>Doing location work is becoming more and more of a challenge as the
>budgets shrink.  I have 10,000WS of Balcar power, but it is a nightmare
>flying with such a kit, especially without assistant.  I have taken to

Battery powered Lumedynes, or Normans, can do the job. My new employer is
supplying me with Lumedynes, and a radio remote. Beats paying for it
myself! <g>

My boss says the Lumedynes make a very nice light. I've never really liked,
or disliked the Normans, but their light never turned me on.

Actually, speaking of Leica users at National Geogrphic, Bill Allard made
his career shooting Kodachrome in available light. Any kind of light, and
rarely using tripods. Mostly propping his cameras (both R and M - in fact
having about four different 50mm lenses) on beer bottles or whatever was
available - hey a new term, available support! -  and using very slow
shutter speeds. Only NG could afford his film budget.

Eric Welch
Grants Pass, OR

 "Drug kingpin Amado Carrillo Fuentes...died from nine hours of
liposuction and plastic surgery -- or, as it's commonly known here in
Beverly Hills, natural causes."    Bill Maher