Subject: Re: Re[4]: M6 problem "survey"
From: Thomas Kachadurian <kach@freeway.net>
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 1997 23:17:14 -0400

LUGgers:

Thanks for responding. I was reacting to his tone, which may well have been
his translation from German. It's tough enough to be diplomatic in your
native tongue. I must plead guilty of being one of those ugly americans who
had forgetten that the whole world doesn't speak english.

Tom

_________________________________
>Subject: Re: Re[2]: M6 problem "survey"
>Author:  Paul Schliesser <paulsc@eos.net> at Internet
>Date:    9/4/97 11:39 AM
>

>>Is it just me or does this response strike you as not much different than
>>the kid at 7 eleven telling you he doesn't have time to check the dates on
>>the bottles of milk when he restocks the shelves?
>

>Tom,
>

>What is the problem? He promised that he would find out the answer to
>Alistair's question when he got back from his business trip.
>
>The other part of the letter asked Alistair not to give out his email
>address, explaining how he doesn't want to become every LUG member's
>personal pen-pal. I think he was trying to be very polite about this. As
>he took pains to explain, tech support and one-on-one customer relations
>are not his job. In spite of this, his is helping.
>
>To use your analogy, the fact that the kid doesn't want his address given
>out to thousands of 7-Eleven customers is a separate issue from whether
>or not he is checking the dates on milk bottles. If the kid is going to
>do his job, being called up by large numbers of people who want to chat
>about the butterfat content of the milk or discuss the bokeh of bottle
>glass is not going to be welcome.
>
>I don't see any reason to complain yet. Give him time to answer
>Alistair's question, as he promised, before you jump on him.
>
>- PaulReceived: from ns2.baxter.com (159.198.1.38) by
ccmailgw.mcgawpark.baxter.com