Subject: Asunami, Bowers, Adorama -- What's in a name?
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 1997 01:25:48 -0400

At 11:15 PM 9/4/97 -0400, shawnl@earthlink.net wrote:

>It's funny that you should say that, because Adorama has done exactly
>that.  They sell 21 and 28mm lenses with accessory finders in the M mount
>for approx. $700 each.  Popular Photography did a test of the two lenses
>and said that they were essentially fair quality no-name Japanese glass.

Well, they're not exactly "no-name".  These lenses are reputedly
manufactured under the aegis of 'Asunami' and are marketed under the Bowers
label.  I do not, however, know who MAKES the bloody things!

I think I'll keep my Russian lenses!  At least I can decipher the factory
logos ...

Marc

Marc James Small
Cha Robh Bas Fir, Gun Ghras Fir!