Subject: Re: Need Lens Recommendation for M
From: ABreull@aol.com
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 1997 13:47:16 -0400 (EDT)

In einer eMail vom 09.09.1997  12:51:41, schreiben Sie:

>Could anyone suggest either a 35mm or 50mm older lens with a bayonet mount
>that may give me more of that "Leica" glow?  Maybe I could just take a new
>50mm Summicron and scratch the front surface enough so that it contributes
>more glow <bg>  Interesting thought that the more you use your lenses and
>scratch them up, the more glow you get and the more characteristic Leica
>images they produce.

The Leica glow or bokeh concerns the out-of-focus areas, what your lens does
with them, and the (visual) relation between the sharp and unsharp areas -.
So if you scratch your Summicron, you will just have a scratched Summicron,
and lost one of the most phantastic lenses Leitz ever created & produced.

The 1.4/ 35 Summilux ASPH shows a very nice bokeh up to f 4.0, similar the
great 2.0/ 35 Summicrons, the 1.5/ 50 Summarit, the 2.0/ 50 Summicrons (till
1979), the 1.4/ 50 Summilux, the 1/50 Noctilux (even up to f 8) - but it also
depends, of course, of course, on the type of picture you take and the film,
e.g. if you want to take pix of shooting stars - you will have trouble with
any lens to find the Leica bokeh.

Alf