Subject: Re: Need Lens Recommendation for M
From: "Roy C. Zartarian" <royzart@connix.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 1997 15:56:36 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 9 Sep 1997, Richard Clompus wrote:

> Could anyone suggest either a 35mm or 50mm older lens with a bayonet mount
> that may give me more of that "Leica" glow?  Maybe I could just take a new

See if you can turn up a clean, fairly late Summitar along with the SM-M
adapter, Richard. Even after overcoming the complexities of the requisite
barndoor shade, you may find yourself pleasantly surprised at the results.

Alternatively, the venerable DR Summicron may give you the effect you
seek.  After reading the more recent discussions of "bokeh" I at last
realized that that quality of the DR Summicron contributed to one of my
better landscape prints. 'Course, my perceptive eye and consummate
darkroom artistry (VBG) helped, too.

Written by:	Roy C. Zartarian	| Prophets are not without honor
		25 Stuart Street	| except in their own country
		Newington, CT 06111 USA	| and in their own house.
		http://www.connix.com/~royzart