Subject: Re: Tiltall
From: Paul Schliesser <paulsc@eos.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 97 08:58:47 -0400

>I saw in an 80's era Leica system brochure (the one
>where Fred Maroon did all the shots) a photo of a tiltall with a large
>Leitz Ballhead attached instead of the standard head. I tried to take my
>std head off but couldn't budge it.

Mark,

I picked up that brochure from the Leitz booth at an AV trade show in the
early 1980s. They also gave me a free silver plastic rain poncho with
"Leica: the first 35mm camera" printed on the back in red.

On your Tiltall, I'm pretty sure that if you take the bolt or screw out
of the front of the collar at the top of the center column, you can
unscrew the head from the center column.

- - Paul