Subject: Bokeh with 35/2 in 1965.
From: Lucien_vD <Lucien_vD@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 1997 16:56:43 -0400

Also in Leica Fotographie Nr 2 1965 - page 83
Chit-Chat on Leica Technique (XVI) by Chris W. Broere

"...If you can afford it, purchase the 35mm f/2 Summicron. This lens is
universal.
Even at f/4 its definition is fantastic, so that I rarely stop down
further. As with all wide-angle lenses, the depth of field is enormous,
wich is a further reason for not stopping down much further than f/4 , as=

otherwise everithing from front to back is sharp. The result is dull and
monotonous and detracts from pictorial effect...
=2E..One of the great virtues of the Summicron is the soft transition fro=
sharp definition to unsharpness, giving enhanced relief while retaining
shape in the unsharp features of the picture. I have worked with many
wide-angle lenses of a great variety of makes but the 35mmm Summicron is
superior in quality to all of them...."

Was that guy the father of all LUGers ? (not of Detlef & Dan I presume) ;=
- -)

Lucien
BELGIUM