Subject: OFF TOPIC. Help with low light b/w and Tmax
From: ted grant <75501.3002@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 1997 00:04:56 -0400

<<<<<<Is there anyone who can help me? I have tried using T-max 400 under
low light conditions, rated at 800 and developed in T-max or HC-110. The
negatives I get have very course grain and also high contrast. I would like
to have more tones in my prints. With regards only to Tmax 400, is there
any way I can do this? >>>>>

Hi Adi,

Gee if you had of called the Concorde hotel in KL sometime during the past
5 days I could have helped with hands on right there help! :)

I sent an e-mail last week before leaving Canada and had made arrangements
for you to attend the sports/Olympics slide presentation I was giving to
the SUKOM KL 1998 Commonwealth Games organizing commitee on Monday morning.

I guess sometimes these email things don't always work. :)

I can save you a lot of grief!  Get some of the new KODAK T400CN
chromegenic B&W film that you can shoot at asa 100 and 1000 all on the same
roll and it is grainless. It is a C41 processing done in a colour lab, you
can print some of the most beautiful low light prints you will find.

There really isn't any grain as it is a dye film.

You may not be able to find it in KL yet, but it is truly a very
interesting film for available light and Leica lenses.

Ted