Subject: Re: OFF TOPIC. Help with low light b/w and Tmax
From: ted grant <75501.3002@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 1997 18:13:41 -0400

Herman wrote:

<<<How does the Kodak T400CN compare to the Ilford XP2?  I had tried the
XP2, it wasn't bad, but the emulsion seemed to be very soft.  I always got
it back from various color labs with long fine scratches on the film>>>>>

Hi Herman,

There isn't any comparison, as the T400CN is quite a fabulous film compared
to the XP1 or 2. The only thing in common, they are chromegenic emulsions.

The T400CN is very stable for ASA ratings and the emulsion has been made to
avoid the scratching of the XP2.

This is a very fine film and so far my results have been quite excellent
and I'm almost convinced to drop Tmax 400 and shoot only the T400CN. It
sure makes for beautiful prints with a good gradation range and no grain.

It certainly is worth trying a roll or two.

ted