Subject: Re: 50 mm SM lens
From: ABreull@aol.com
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 1997 14:23:58 -0400 (EDT)

In einer eMail vom 18.09.1997  12:59:08, schreiben Sie:

>things about the
>>1.5/50 summarit.  What  other options would I have for this focal length?
>>  Would be interested to hear of any favorite older lenses -- mostly for bw
>>film of course.
>>Thanks
>>Damian
>
>I have used a 50/3.5 Elmar, a Summarit and a 50/2 Summitar.  I find the
>Summitar a tad better in performance.  The Elmar is however more compact
>when collapsed.  The Summarit seem to lack  contrast (compared to the Elmar
>and Summitar) and I finally traded it in.
>
>Dan K.

The 2/50 Summar has a very nice & pleasant bokeh [, and the 1.9/73 Hektor
also] - as long as you don't use those lenses in bright sunshine, or above f
4.5 (you don't have bokeh anymore at f9 or above). I can confirm the fine
2/50 Summitar bokeh, and I definitely like the bokeh of the yellow glass
Summicron also.

Alf