Subject: Re: 50 mm SM lens
From: Leikon35@aol.com
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 1997 03:02:56 -0400 (EDT)

<< and I definitely like the bokeh of the yellow glass
 Summicron also.
  Alf

 Alf - by yellow glass do you meant the Summicrons below
s/n 1,000,000 that were made with radioactive Thorium and
most have turned warm colored?
 Lately there has been much ado about them in the British
LHS Newsletter by Dr.Cyril Blood and the LHSA Viewfinder
by Bill Gordon.
 I have one of the lenses that was written about and find that
shooting neg color, the warmth is filtered out but will show
up on chromes.  These lenses are rare & carry a premium.