Subject: Re:Gerard/Marvin/Jocasta
From: JocastaXX@aol.com
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 1997 22:34:43 -0400 (EDT)

    I have heard that the Germans succeeded in machining a wire
  that was so microscopic thin that it was invisable to the naked
  eye.  Wanting to SHOW OFF their technology, the Germans sent
  this wire to Switzerland where a hole was neatly bored thru it
  from end to end, and sent back to Germany.
    So GET WITH IT you two because ,00004" is exactly the same
  as 1/1000 of a mm or I am not reading my K&E  slide-rule right.
   Joy Lindstrom

  > - 1/100 of a mm is only .00004"  -  that's about 1/1000 of the
 > thickness of a human hair.  Most machinists work to +/- .0001".
 > Marvin

   Leica Solms bought some years ago from Deckel (the same people that made
  Prontor shutters) NC equipment that machines with 1/1.000 mm tolerance.
  Gerard Captijn.