Subject: Re: Leica Fotographie & The new Camera Arts magazine
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 1997 10:20:01 -0700

At 10:45 AM 9/20/97 -0400, you wrote:
>I've just realized that I haven't received an issue of Leica Fotographie in
>awhile.  My lasy issue was dated 5/97 (July).  Have any LUGers who
>subscribe received anything later?
>
>Dan C.

5/97 is the latest.

There is a new magazine, published by the same people that publish View
Camera magazine, called "Camera Arts." It has no affiliation to the short
lived Camera Arts magazine published in the early 80's. View Camera comes
out every other month, and Camera Arts will publish in the intervening
months. View Camera is for large format photographers, Camera Arts is for
small and medium format photographers. The premier issue (I received it two
weeks ago) has a review of the R8 by one of the editors, Dave Howard. A
very good review. Like View Camera, Camera Arts is a very high quality
publication. No blow-ins, heavy weight, hi gloss paper. $30 per year. Reach
them at 916-441-2557 M-F 8-4 Pacific time. (Sacramento CA)
(75511.2576@compuserve.com)

http://www.viewcamera.com/

Jim