Subject: Re: Leica Fotographie & The new Camera Arts magazine
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 1997 14:17:44 -0700

At 04:12 PM 9/20/97 -0400, Chris wrote:

>At 10:20 AM -0700 on 9/20/97, Jim Brick wrote:
>

>> There is a new magazine, published by the same people that publish View
>> Camera magazine, called "Camera Arts." It has no affiliation to the short
>> lived Camera Arts magazine published in the early 80's. View Camera comes
>> out every other month, and Camera Arts will publish in the intervening
>> months. View Camera is for large format photographers, Camera Arts is for
>> small and medium format photographers. The premier issue (I received it two
>> weeks ago) has a review of the R8 by one of the editors, Dave Howard. A
>> very good review. Like View Camera, Camera Arts is a very high quality
>> publication. No blow-ins, heavy weight, hi gloss paper. $30 per year. Reach
>> them at 916-441-2557 M-F 8-4 Pacific time. (Sacramento CA)
>> (75511.2576@compuserve.com)
>

>I'm surprised that this is the first mention of Camera Arts magazine. I got
>my copy a week or two ago, and find it very worthwhile. I believe there is
>a review of the Leica R8 in it.
>
>Chris Morrow

Chris, did you actually read my post before responding??? I often thought
that posting info was a waste of time, as they are never actually read.
What my post said was... Camera Arts published two weeks ago. There is a
good review of the R8 by Dave Howard. $30 per year. 916-441-2557 pacific
weekdays. Classy magazine.

Jim