Subject: Re: long lenses/M
From: ted grant <75501.3002@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 1997 13:09:41 -0400

<<< Sorry, cost being about equal, I wouldn't even consider the R8 for
sports.>>>>>

Hi Doc,

To some degree you're right, however me being a Leica SLR motor driven
sports shooter of twenty five years, I still cling to my R7's with 280mm
and 400mm 2.8 and soon to be motor driven R8's for my Olympics and other
national and international sports coverage.

yep can even admit I blew some without autofocus and don't deny for one
second that the EOS1n is an awesome quick focusing apparatas. But old dogs
will admit the flaws, appreciate the new toys, but then we don't give-up
our bones very easily. :)

So I guess I'll stick with my R8's for one more summer Olympics in
Australia in 2000. :)  By then the eyes will be a little slower and
autofocus a necessity, and who knows by then what Leica may have up it's
sleeve. :)

ted