Subject: Re: long lenses/M
From: CapsTeeth@aol.com
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 1997 12:43:08 -0400 (EDT)

> An option to consider if the Leica SLR and motor are too expensive is look
>  for a used Canon EOS 1 or 1n and a 300 2.8 Canon lens with extenders.  It
>  is an admirable product and if I were not so committed to Leica, R7, R8's,
>  M6's etc I would be using Canon.
        I'm a lover of Leica M's and also medium and large formats, but when
it comes to shooting sports or wildlife, i.e. subjects that often move
swiftly, the advantages of the latest multi-sensor autofocus systems are just
far and away superior in terms of overal % of keepers.  I've never used
Canon, but the Nikon F5 and AF-S telephotos are awesome.  Sorry, cost being
about equal, I wouldn't even consider the R8 for sports.
Doc