Subject: Re: Digest Alternative - AOL... off topic
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 1997 12:26:40 -0700

At 01:55 PM 9/21/97 -0400, you wrote:
>In einer eMail vom 21.09.1997  17:02:24, schreiben Sie:
>

>Compared to the digest, (at least) AOL misses about 20% of the actual mails,
>and in another 20% you get the reply/-s before the original statement (if you
>get it). So it's not maybe so bad, to save the digests additionally.
>
>Alf

AOL is a service that neither have I subscribed to, nor will I ever
subscribe to. Since its beginning, it has been controversial (sensorship),
and slow, if not impossible. And they monitor your activities (where you've
been, how long you were there, perhaps logging/scanning your e-mail), of
course for demographic purposes only... yah right! An associate of mine
(Art Sobel) had his web pages pulled because they had some controversial
(not porn) material within and AOL didn't approve. The e-mail said "you web
pages have been disabled because some of the content does not meet AOL's
standards." Now you are telling us that they don't deliver but 80% of the
intended e-mail. AOL users should get a clue... QUIT! Join an independent
ISP. Get a virtual life of your own.

Jim