Subject: Interview questions-off topic sort of.
From: ted grant <75501.3002@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 1997 23:09:10 -0400

To All:

Hi guys and gals I thought you might find these questions interesting that
were asked of me in an interview last week in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia for
one of the major Chinese language dailies.  They gave me a copy of the
questions they would be asking. I haven't included those that do not apply
to photography.

The first question was about equipment and I explained obviously Leica, so
no need to get into that. :) Although the reporter was quite surprised I
used German made cameras and not Japanese.:)  Their photographer who took
my picture during the interview of an hour, drove me crazy flashing that
damn bright light on the top of his camera everytime the camera went click
whirrrrrrrrr. :)  No it wasn't a Leica although I showed him my M6 and he
was in shock when I handed him the R8. :)

Questions:

3/ What enlightment do you have after being engaged in the works at the
"killing fields?" How do you feel about the future of mankind?

(this was a question in relation to my photography in 1967 middle east and
1968 Nam.)

6/ How important is the art of photography in today's society?

7/ Will conventional photography gradually be phased out by the modern
electronic equipment and video-cameras?

8/ What are your re-actions to the paparazzi of this past incident?

There were several others but not of photo interest.

If any of you would care to answer them it would be interesting to see what
you say compared to how I responded.

ted