Subject: Re: From Canon 1N to Leica R8: a report.
From: ChipZHZ@aol.com
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 1997 20:30:09 -0400 (EDT)

I too was in Yosemite with my R8 with a 50/2 and primarily 100APO w and w/o
polarizer.  I had no Canon or Nikon to compare(but like several of you my
first impression of the 8 was underwhelming, but I already had a bunch of
lenses) but I did compare the 8's results(w the same lenses) with last year's
trip to the same spots with my 7(same film,lab).  The 8's results were
clearly superior which I attribute to this amateur's need for the matrix
metering......

I hope you both got out of the Ahwannee and got to Tuolomme Meadows! We had a
great hike and photos to Gaylor Lake at 10,400. Unbelievable, can't wait till
next year(I do have to say it got a bit heavy carrying the 8 and the lenses!)

- --chip