Subject: Re: Interview questions-off topic sort of.
From: Edward Meyers <aghalide@panix.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 1997 23:28:20 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 22 Sep 1997, ted grant wrote:

> <<<<I'd love to compare answers. My answers to all those dumb questions
> would be, "YES"and "NO". Ed Meyers>>>>>>
>
> Hi Ed,
>
> The posted questions came from the editor of a very large newspaper during
> my interview last week in Malaysia, I thought they might be of some
> interest to the LUG members considering the first question the editor asked
> me was, "What kind of camera equipment do you use?" I of course replied
> Leica! She was quite surprised and wondered why I didn't use Japanese.
>
> Considering we have some very intelligent Leica User members, I thought
> some might find the questions relating to photography and a Leica
> photographer interesting.
>
> Considering your response I guess I assumed in error. Thankyou.
>
> ted

Reason for my reply is that I've been on the receiving end of
government sponsored questions at many press gatherings in the
past 35 or so years. The questions asked are usually setups.
They know the answers, but want to make the visitors feel good.
I'm sorry that I jumped and reacted without explaining myself.
I figure that the editor of a large newspaper would probably
be a sort of government representative in that neck of the woods.
If he were not, he probably wouldn't be the editor of a large
newspaper. If you think me wrong, please tell me. Ed