Subject: Re: Interview questions-off topic sort of.
From: Donal Philby <donalphilby@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 1997 11:13:23 -0800

ted grant wrote:

> It was that bad was it?  Damn, I'll know better next time. :)

Ted,

It wasn't that bad.  I enjoyed it.  One of my pet peeves, I must admit,
is the FACT that few journalists anymore, especially broadcast, know how
to interview.  It is painful to listen to people spouting so called
questions which are really about themselves, not their subject.

At least she asked your opinion with some open ended questions, not 300
word questions that ramble on and end with only a yes/no response
required.

Have they quit teaching how to interview in journalism schools?  I have
at least one good book on the subject that everyone should read.  I just
force fed it this summer to my younger daughter in journalism school.
It helped.

Besides, how often do photographer get treated as important and worthy
of someone's attention, instead of being introduced as "my photographer"
by a writer (another of my pet peeves).

Bask in the glory!!  It sounds like you represented us well.

Donal Philby
San Diego