Subject: Re: Interview questions-off topic sort of.
From: "Patrick G. Sobalvarro" <pgs@sobalvarro.org>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 1997 11:06:37 -0700

At 12:05 PM 9/23/97 +0200, you wrote:
> Why do you think, each and every
>year Yosemite Park, the Pyramids, the "Wall" etc. has been and is
>photographed by millions of persons, although you can buy better postcards
>every 10 meters ?

Personally I avoid such shots, but I understand why people take them.
Postcard photographs are of a piece with the saturation of photographic
images around us, but photographs we take are expressions of our
experience.  So the tourist snapshooter makes his or her photograph to say
to himself or herself, "I was there.  This really happened to me, and it
wasn't just something I saw on TV."  -- Personally, I can admire that
aspect of it, although it does seem rather mindlessly repetitive at times.