Subject: Re: LUG Time Lag
From: Alfred Breull <puma@hannover.sgh-net.de>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 1997 10:38:57 +0200

><<
> It's not Majordomo, it's the internet nodes, amount of traffic, which
> hardware is up, which hardware is down, your local ISP's current load, are
> they doing a backup? lines that are up & down, power outages... basically a
> world wide phenomonen. If a node and/or route goes down, messages are
> re-routed, this causes backpressure, and the ripple can circumvent the
> globe numerous times before things even out again. During this ripple,
> messages are stored but not forwarded until available routes are not
> overloaded. It's sort of like a living organism. And can be modeled as a
> biological process.
>
> Jim >>

Hi Jim:

Maybe there are some additional secret rules ?

Posting an article into one of the internet newsgroups needs on average 2
minutes with my local provider, 10 to 20 minutes with aol europe, and 6 to
12 hours with compuserve europe. Again, one of those mysteries of the nodes
of the universe. :)

Alf