Subject: Re: I stepped in the Pookie!
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 1997 07:56:19 -0400

At 03:51 AM 24-09-97 -0400, you wrote:
>Hi to all!
>
>I guess I really stepped in the Pookie!
>
>As some of you may recall, I posted about my change over from a Canon 1N
>system to a Leica R8. I made the mistake of cross-posting my write up to
>rec.photo.35mm.
>
>I have received some nasty, nasty mail from that forum. Its seems that there
>are a lot of people that think - strike that - KNOW that I am an idiot for
>having picked a Leica.

Hmmm...I just went to the rec.photo.equipment.35mm news group, and checked
out the thread.  Perhaps some of the responses are now missing (I see 5)
because I waited too long, but I don't see anything that appears abusive.
It is true that you seem to have generated some opposing viewpoints, but
they were well written and thoughtfully presented.  I don't see where
anyone called you an 'idiot'.  Maybe that was in a missing post.  People do
have the right to the viewpoint that Leicas are overly expensive when
compared to the competition.  I sometimes feel this way myself  (I haven't
forgotten my Leica Challenge!).

I have seen MUCH worse on the rec.photo newsgroups!

Dan C.