Subject: I stepped in the Pookie!
From: MyersPete@aol.com
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 1997 03:51:42 -0400 (EDT)

Hi to all!

I guess I really stepped in the Pookie!

As some of you may recall, I posted about my change over from a Canon 1N
system to a Leica R8. I made the mistake of cross-posting my write up to
rec.photo.35mm.

I have received some nasty, nasty mail from that forum. Its seems that there
are a lot of people that think - strike that - KNOW that I am an idiot for
having picked a Leica.

Now I know why LUG exists! Thank you all for sharing your upbeat stories with
me on your own discoveries of Leica moving over from another camera system.
Every one from LUG has been quite kind and had meaningful comments on their
own discoveries.

I guess I am quite nieve about the resistance to Leica by so many
photographers. Why are people so dead set against this system????? I never
had any one call me an "idiot" for choosing a Canon camera or lens, nor any
other camera. Now, I am being called names and people are assuming that I am
the dumbest and least knowledgeable person in photography! hee hee hee

Is it the cost? How could it be? I have spent as much on Canon optics and
bodies, Nikon cameras and bodies, medium and large format cameras and bodies.

I am truly perplexed by the horrific reaction that has occured from my post
on rec.photo.35mm.. I have reviewed equipment and lenses there before with
great success. Now, I mention Leica and I step in the Pookie!

BTW, the term Pookie was first introduced to me when I was at NASA while we
were disecting a failed thermal electric unit. It was covered with white
silicon greese for the heat sink. If you have not had the 'pleasure', the
silicon greese will not come off your skin for love nor money - ever! Hence,
"Pookie".

Cheers!

Pete