Subject: Re: long lenses/M
From: ted grant <75501.3002@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 1997 01:58:57 -0400

Doanl Philby wrote:

<<<One photographer did wear one of those leather fishing pole end holders
that strap around the waist.  He used it with monopods and seems to work
well.>>>>

Hi Donal,

That sounds like a good rig to use.  I've seen fishermen working with them
and no reason why it couldn't work quite well for stills. I'll pass that
onto him, number 2 son that is. :)

<<<And Ted, has there been no Leica brainwashing of number two son??  >>>

After the 1978 Commonwaelth Games in Edmonton where Canon were the official
camera and they had just released the A1 (?) with motor they sold off all
the equipement used during the games at 50% of dealer net price.  Like it
was a steal, so I bought Scott two bodies and a few  lenses and he has ben
hooked on Canon ever since, even thoygh he learned his early picture taking
abilities with Leica.

He says when he gets to be rich and famous :) (poor and unknown is more
like it) as his old man, he'll buy Leica. It's ethier that or he has first
dibs on all my gear when I move onto the big darkroom in the sky!:)

ted