Subject: Re: Interview questions-off topic sort of.
From: ted grant <75501.3002@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 1997 11:53:11 -0400

Harrison wrote:

<<<It is a proven fact a weak story with excellent art will
get better play in publication.  After all most people only look at the
photos anyway! >>>>

Hi Harrison,

An interesting thing missed by people who cast photographers aside as
nobodies is that "how come we and our work are so important all the time to
sell magazines, newspapers and you name everything for sale?"

I haven't seen too many ads with only text to sell cameras, Mercedes,
computers etc.

In particular newspapers where the photographers most often are an add on
after thought at the bottom of the pile in the newspapers grand scheme of
things.

hell if it weren't for the dynamic news photos on the front page in many
cases, a great number of papers would still be in the boxes at the end of
the day.

Magazines for example know that the "right cover photo" will sell out an
edition quicker than a mag with a lousy cover photo.

In these days of reading illitracy the photograph is the most powerdul
selling tool manufacturers & publishers have!

ted