Subject: Ted was Right!!
From: Richard Clompus <rclompus@voicenet.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 1997 12:59:24 -0400

Dear Fellow LUGnuts,

I started out this year as a Canon F1n user and my venerable M6's and M
lenses.  I thought I'd try just an old used Leicaflex SL 'cause I always
liked the camera.  But I'd never get an electronic SLR.  Well - here's
Ted's quote:

<snip>But I bet you'll have an R8 before your finished the year out!
Mechanical or no, the R8 is such a good solid machine to work with and the
metering system is the most accurate I've ever encountered in a camera. And
I've used a bunch including the new stable of Canon/Nikons.
<snip>

Not only was Ted's prediction right on, but I also got a bag full of Leica
lenses for the R system.  Best move I ever made.  The R8 continues as my
new workhorse.  I don't generally like zoom lenses but I kind of fell in
love with the new 35-70 zoom design.  Sure its a little big but not much.
The finder's brightness makes it easy to focus with an f4 maximum aperture.
 I've developed quite a relationship with my R8.  I depend upon it now to
get my make my macro slides and to prodcue slides for lectures.  I can't
let go of my M6's but then again - there's no reason to.  As long as Leica
keeps updating their lens designs, I'll hang in there waiting for an update
to the M6.

I'm still waiting for the R8 winder.  Hopefully this year...

Richard
Richard Clompus, OD
West Chester, PA, USA