Subject: Re: Summicron-R 50mm f/2.0
From: Richard Clompus <rclompus@voicenet.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 1997 11:40:14 -0400

Pascal asked:

<snip>
>BTW, I handed in my Summicron 50mm so that a ROM contact can be placed.
Price I will be charged over here in Belgium amounts to no less than 7500
BEF (21% sales tax included), that is around 200 USD, which is rather a lot
of money I think. Who else has experiences on this operation?
<snip>

Pascal,

The price at Leica USA for ROM conversion is $195 plus shipping.  I have a
100 apo macro to be converted.  I just have to give it up for a few weeks
to have it done.  Once this conversion is completed, I won't be able to use
it on my Leicaflex SL but will be limited to my R8 only.

Happy shooting,

Richard