Subject: shops in London and Munich
From: "Patrick G. Sobalvarro" <pgs@sobalvarro.org>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 1997 11:25:49 -0700

I recently lent a friend my M2 and Summarit 50/1.5.  He had been using a
Pentax ME Super with a 50 or 55 mm lens -- I can't remember which.  We had
a discussion of how rangefinders are different from SLRs, and how old
German lenses are different from modern Japanese ones, so he borrowed the
camera and had some fun using it.  He now would like to buy himself
something along the lines of a Leica rangefinder, but he's on a student's
budget.  I suggested a Zorki 4K and a Jupiter-3, warning him that he might
have to exchange them if he found manufacturing defects.  He lives in
Cambridge (England) but goes into London often enough.  Is there a shop in
London where he might find some screw-mount Leicas, Canons, and Zorkis?

Second, I'm going to a conference in France and will be stopping in Munich
for a few days (well, from here in California they look pretty close to
each other).  Can someone on the list recommend shops there that have lots
of old Leicas and are friendly to people who just want to look around and
may not buy anything?  (B+H in New York, for example, is a good shop, but
not for people who don't know what they want or if they want anything.)

Thanks,
Patrick