Subject: Re: Focusing SLR vs M
From: ted grant <75501.3002@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 1997 09:11:58 -0400

Harrison wrote:

<<Odd that you should say that as I regularly replace my screens with
ground glass as I find this much easier to focus.  To each his own.>>

Hi Harrison,

Like wise myself over the years, as I've always worked with the ground
glass screen simply because it is the most effective and efficient for
macro and tele lenses.

I could never get used to the split image screen thing in the centre as it
always got in the way of what I was trying to shoot, where as the ground
glass was always clean and in your eye image.

But like you say, to each his own. I know guys who have no use for the
ground glass and work with the split screen only.

ted