Subject: Re: Q: Leica Partner-Aktion Deutschland M6
From: Alfred Breull <puma@hannover.sgh-net.de>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 1997 23:26:49 +0200

At 12:49 03.10.1997 +0000, Danny wrote:
>Alfred Breull wrote:
>> She :) said, that there have been some troubles with angry customers,
>> because the engravement wiped off.

>What'd she use for a 'cleaner'? Was it a drill press or a sandblaster?
>Very funny Alfred.

She told me the story, while she earnestly investigated, whether the
engravement on my M6 ESL might be on a plastic strip also (like the plastic
on the bottom plate), and whether she could remove the color with her fingers.

I felt it noteable, since dealers make a living out of selling gear and
avoiding angry customers.

Maybe, there's a difference between the M6 version you're speaking of and the
500 test/ demonstration M6s or R7s from the letter. Maybe, there are 2 times
500 etst/ demonstration bodies, but more than 500 M6s with the actual
engravement ? Maybe less ?

Alf