Subject: Re: My continued adventures with the R8
From: dannyg1@IDT.NET
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 1997 02:06:04 +0000

Pete,

Not to take anything away from your R8 experience but, it seems to me, that you're
comparison is a bit unfair. Leica's R 28 2.8 is a legendary lens; Canon's 28 1.8 is not
very well thought of (general word is that it's fair to midling). Canon's 28 is a very odd
design that should show amazing contrast as it's only 5 elements and has an aspheric
surface.

I've never used either the R 28 or the Canon 28/2.8 but, from what I hear, the Canon
might actually best the R lens in the usual performance characteristics of note.

If it were me, I'd try the C28/2.8 before you make your final call.

Danny Gonzalez